Orthotics are removable, corrective medical insoles used to treat and prevent injury causing motions like excessive supination and pronation, and to control and adjust ankle and foot function, and improve their alignment with the lower leg. Orthotics make standing, running and walking easier and comfortable by eliminating lower leg, ankle and foot problems. The certified chiropodists / foot care specialists at Active Foot Care Clinic and Orthotic Centre in Brantford and Hamilton can prescribe orthotics to successfully treat such ankle and foot problems as:
- Heel pain / plantar fasciitis
- Bunion pain
- High or fallen arches / flat feet
- Foot, knee, leg or lower back pain & fatigue
- Ankle pain
- Arthritis related foot & ankle problems
- Heel spurs
- Diabetes related
- Metatarsalgia / Morton’s neuroma
- Corns / calluses
- Achilles tendonitis
- Hammer toes
- Sports injuries
We prescribe a variety of styles of orthotics for these, and many other foot problems that occur in Brantford, Grimsby, Ancaster, Cambridge, Paris, Dundas, Hamilton, Stoney Creek, Cayuga, Flamborough, Jarvis, Burlington, Port Dover, Woodstock, Caledonia, Oakville, Simcoe and Milton, Ontario:
After undergoing a full gait and stance analysis, and a biomechanical assessment, your custom orthotics will be produced using three-dimensional impression casts of your feet. Their type of design, shape, correction, styles and material (soft or hard) is based on a number of factors such as footwear, activities and job environment. Active Foot Care Clinic and Orthotic Centre in Brantford and Hamilton also offers off-loading custom orthotics for the treatment of corns and calluses.
In Brantford, Ontario and surrounding cities such as Hamilton, many seniors, adults and children participate in individual and team sports. Every sport, like cycling, triathlon, basketball, soccer, golf and basketball, to name a few, involves a large amount of turning, running and walking which can cause undue stress on the back, legs, ankles and feet. In sports such as these foot and ankle injuries are very common. Our qualified Brantford and Hamilton chiropodists / foot care specialists can custom fit you for prescription sport orthotics that will help you prevent injuries, improve the efficiency of power transfer from your feet to your legs, improve your athletic performance, and keep you competing and training in your sport of choice.
Active Foot Care Clinic and Orthotic Centre’s Brantford and Hamilton locations deliver premium quality orthopedic shoes to help prevent pain in or injury to our client’s ankles and feet. Our orthopedic shoes fit almost every pair of feet, and are available at affordable prices in three different styles:
- Ready to wear orthopedic shoes from such reputable manufacturers as Drew Shoes, Asics, New Balance, Apex, Dr. Comfort and Terra Safety Boots.
- Modified orthopedic shoes; our experienced chiropodists / foot care specialists are capable of modifying just about any pair of shoes by adding, removing or adjusting rocker soles, arch cookies, sole bars, buttresses, external metatarsal bars, internal heel lifts, toe splints and many other shoe features.
- Custom orthopedic shoes to address the specific needs of patients with mechanical or congenital deficiencies of the feet and lower leg, system conditions like arthritis and diabetes, or structural foot deformities.
At Active Foot Care Clinic and Orthotic Centre in Brantford and Hamilton, our staff members are shoe fit certified to successfully help you select the right pair of orthopedic shoes to correct your unique ankle or foot problem, and can modify orthopedic shoes onsite.
Our chiropodists / foot care specialists are some of the only regulated health care professionals trained to analyze and diagnosis foot function, and prescribe orthotics in and around Brantford and Hamilton. For those of our patients who qualify, we ensure that insurance paperwork is provided. Walk in to Active Foot Care Clinic and Orthotic Centre to learn more about our custom orthotics, sports orthotics and orthopedic shoes, and discover just how the use of orthotics will help you effectively treat your ankle or foot problems!